Monday, January 17, 2011

Reaching New Heights At Any Cost

Turns out I want to climb higher and farther.
I pushed my hiking skills to the limit yesterday, it was no extraordinary hike, but it was farther and higher than I have ever hiked in my life. We climbed Ice House Canyon up to the saddle in Mt. Baldy, reaching about 7,600 feet. When we got there we looked up at the peak to the right and said, let's go all the way up. 4-5 feet in snow, straight climb up, didn't look too hard, but at that elevation it was nearly impossible to breathe and could only advance 5-10 feet at a time. When we reached the top we were somewhere over 8,000 feet and I could see the entire world 360 degrees around me. I have never felt stronger and healthier in my entire life. Turned out to be a 10 mile 6 hour round trip hike, and not bad for having nothing than hiking shoes and t-shirts!





Today I spent the day in Downtown Riverside with my friend Kristen teaching her a little bit about photography, turns out she had the same camera I have! These are some of the photos I got while out venturing. I will try and post some of hers when she gets some editing done!


Keep following, more adventures to come.
Check out the website finally put up a portfolio www.DelToroPhoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment